Former French colonial resort in Cambodia, including a luxury hotel and a casino on the heights of Kampot.
Built in 1921 during the French protectorate period, the station became a posh resort welcoming wealthy settlers and the royal family of Cambodia.
It was abandoned in 1940 during the First Indochina War, and definitely closed in 1972 after the Khmer Rouge's takeover.
The Bokor Palace became a Vietnamese army's base camp in a battle against Khmer Rouge in 1979, whose combatants retaliated from the church.
Formwork of the Bokor Palace's walls was carried out in 2012 by a private company owned by the Sokha group, which bought the site in 2008 .